To someone looking at typical horseback riding lessons in Texas City, TX, you would think that the person sits on top of the horse and is in control. That is not true at all. Riding a horse is a skill that doesn’t just make you a better rider but also helps you improve in the mental, physical, and psychological levels.
What is Horseback Riding?
This isometric exercise or sport promotes strength, endurance, and coordination targeting pre-defined muscle groups. Horseback riding targets your core or the abdominals and obliques while also building the muscles in the pelvis, thighs, back, and chest. It is an enjoyable activity that is also considered a great cardiovascular exercise.
Benefits of Riding Lessons
- Enhances Coordination. Horseback riding involves different body movements that are geared towards guiding the horse. The ability to balance or synchronize activities help your body develop mind and body coordination.
- Improves Posture. Horseback riding primarily targets the core muscles and the lower back muscles, which help improve posture. More so, the proper riding posture enables you to attain balance, so you get to be more in control of your horse.
- Promotes Weight Loss. Horseback riding provides that intense workout that will help you burn more calories significantly if you increase your activity’s frequency and speed. This also helps promote proper digestion and enhances liver functions that are pivotal in weight loss.
- Develops Empathy for Animals. Taking care of animals like a horse helps you develop responsibility and empathy. This is especially beneficial if you train your kids to do horseback riding even at a young age. Riding a horse also requires you to connect on a deeper cognitive and emotional level with your horse.
- Experiences Nature. Riding a horse helps you explore nature more enjoyably. Enjoying the outdoors does not just give you that adrenaline rush and sense of freedom but also helps you discover that renewed sense of independence and responsibility for your own life.
- Develops Mental Agility. Learning to balance and steer your horse is more than just about physical strength and endurance – it’s more about mental agility. The ability to be comfortable with discomfort or be up for any challenge takes more than just your arm and leg muscles but more about your cognitive strength. This is what riding lessons in Texas City, TX, can provide our riders and so much more!
- Prevents Memory Loss. Riding a horse helps you see challenges and difficulties as a way to learn new skills. Your brain, just like any muscle in your body, needs enough exercise to keep your neurons active and able to absorb like a sponge while processing information at a rapid pace.
- Promotes Solitude and Companionship with Your Horse. If you are the introvert type who wants to enjoy solace while riding your horse, this is perfect for building emotional connections and friendships from a horse that won’t pass on any judgment.
Unlike humans, you get to enjoy quiet times with your horse and eliminate the demands and chaos of your day-to-day grind. Riding horses is also a great activity that you can share with family, friends, and colleagues who are also horseback riding enthusiasts.
If you are looking to learn how to ride horses as a sport, you can call us at 817-408-9130 to take advantage of our personalized and safe riding lessons in Texas City, TX, or online at Texas Made Cattle & Horse Company. We provide our riders an exquisite horseback riding experience that is fun, interactive, and engaging all at the same time.